Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm OFFICIAL!

Both dh and I are now licensed EMT-B's! Look out world, we are allowed to "practice medicine"!!!!

This should actually add knitting time, because our calls are fairly infrequent, so that's lots of knitting time in between the calls. And I can get paid to knit, because I'm on call. If I can't get hired to ride on the "box", I guess I'll head for a hospital and work in the ER as a tech. That will take a bite out of my knitting time, won't it?

OK, Knitting updates: Booga bag is coming along, I'm well into the second ball of hand spun, hand dyed yarn. It's Corriedale wool, and dyed with Berry Blue Kool Aid.






















My 9 yo. daughter's circular shrug is getting sleeves added to it. So it's progressing well.














I started some fingerless mitts, had to re-design them, I'm not happy with the fingers, so am just doing ribbing for the fingers and the thumb opening. One is nearly complete.
This was before I ripped back the 2 fingers I had worked and switched it to ribbing. It's actually be cold most mornings this past week, so my fingers are cold, and need some extra protection but yet I need my fingers to work with...


So, these are the more active projects keeping me busy. I need to finish several, get a shawl or 2 done, still have my Mystic Waters in hibernation right now... Want to do another Rose Heart Shawl. Am on the Ravelry group and the Yahoo group for that. Several other knit alongs are starting up. I haven't cast on the one that started on the 1st, and have another starting like the 18th, so I need to buckle down and get busy.

4 comments:

Nautical Knitter said...

Whoo Hoo! Congratulations!

BVFD said...

Congratulations on becoming an EMT! I was surfing Blogger for other Texans interested in fire fighting. I represent the Brackettville Volunteer Fire Department and I see you really aren't so far from us. South of SA? North? We're west, of course. Nice to meet you and, again, congrats!

ChelleC said...

Hey, I am SO proud of you. Congrats on becoming an EMT. I sure admire you. Glad I found your blog.

Sandy said...

Nice projects, popped over from Rav, but not sure you're here much. Stop by for a visit, welcome mats always out.

Given you and hubby are both lic. EMT, you're probably in high demand during this hurricane season. Stay safe.
Sandy